Adult Sunday School
Growing in our knowledge and understanding of the scriptures with each other is a big part of who we are as a community.
Sunday School Classes meet every Sunday at 9:30 a.m for all Ages.
You are invited to try out any or all of the Sunday School Classes. They understand that it is a serious matter to find just the right group that you can fit into.
Once a Quarter all of the classes meet together in the Fellowship Hall for Common Grounds. That is a good time to drop in for a test visit.
- The Crossroads Small Group located in room 111 in the downstairs area offering support and encouragement. The Crossroads Small Group tend to be the gathering of Young Adult / Young Married folk. They use a variety of literature to inform their discussions on Sunday morning. They have an open conversational format that includes single day topic. They are willing and able to be supportive of each other as they deal with daily life situations.
- The Pathfinders Class located in room 203 offers contemporary / life application Bible studies. The Pathfinders class is a wonderful blend of those parenting preschoolers all the way through to those loving on grand babies. This brings a diverse set of perspectives to the class discussions. Course content is brought through a variety of means. Currently the focus is on videos provided by a former teacher / member that moved to Texas. There are probing, thought provoking, discussion starting questions each week.
- The Journey Class located in room 202 use a wide range of books and resources to study life topics from a Biblical perspective. The Journey Class self-describes as open to everyone but focusing on middle agers and those recently retired. Their time together involves prayerful sharing of life’s highs and lows followed by teacher facilitated conversation around longer term studies. Currently they are led by Retired U. M. Bishop, Kenneth Carder. His depth of knowledge coupled with an inviting and encouraging manner create an environment where individuals can learn, grow, and explore / express their thoughts freely.
- The Seekers Class located in room 201 is a Bible Study class. The Seekers Class are those near retirement and those recently retired. They are an active bunch who are leaning into or are in the midst of that time in their lives when they can pursue all sorts of outside interests. At has been said that they are an eclectic bunch, but that they fit well together. And while they are a unit, they are open to new faces joining in. They use the Cokesbury Adult Study literature to guide their topics and discussion.
- The Fellowship Class located in room 204 is a Bible application class. The Fellowship Class are the senior most members of the Sunday School groups. They use the Bible, Cokesbury Adult Bible Study and Christian Living materials for their study time. They are open to learning something new each week. They do this through lecture and lively discussion. They say they love their church and treat each other like family.
Other Opportunities for Spiritual Learning
- There are various Bible Study opportunities that emerge periodically during the week days. watch the Upcoming events for those specific studies, dates and times.
- There are usually seasonal ( Advent, Lent etc.) studies that offer opportunities to learn more about living as a faithful follower. Anticipate seeing information about those prior to the season.