SalemUMC Youth Re-entry
As schools start back and more things are opening up, we will begin our return to Youth Activities at SalemUMC.
However, in accordance with local regulations and UMC Conference Youth Ministry recommendations, there are
several guidelines we will be following in this re-entry process. Please read each of these so you know what we will
be doing for the first few months of this return.
• We will be meeting outside for as long as we are comfortably able to do so in order to have an easier time
distancing. Should it rain, a group text will be sent out sharing that Youth Group will be cancelled that
• Face coverings are recommended but not required. I do ask everyone think beyond themselves in this
area, however. We have several youth who either live with, or interact closely with, family members that
are in the high risk groups.
• We will have hand sanitation areas even outside to be used as needed.
• We will be recording the names of all that attend in order to utilize Covid-19 tracing should someone test
positive for the virus and was in attendance at the previous youth meeting.
• We will not provide any food during this time unless it is prepackaged and will be handed out by adults to
• If someone attends Youth Group and tests positive for the virus, we will contact all in attendance and ask
everyone that was in attendance to follow local guidelines for self-care and remove themselves from
youth group and other church activities for 14 days. Youth group will also stop for those 14 days.
• If you are asked to quarantine from school for any reason (positive test in one of your classes, school
mandated quarantine, etc.) we ask that you do not attend Youth Group until that quarantine time ends.
Please remember in all of this, that if you decide not to adhere to these guidelines and expose others to the
virus, it not only affects those in attendance, but those they live with who also attend schools, work, etc. Do not
put them in uncomfortable, and difficult positions. Be respectful of everyone else.
We will have several fellowship type of activities each week outside to go along with a brief devotion and time of
prayer as a group. We will have volleyball, 4-square, disc golf, and more to do. It will be a fun time to gather
together again and fellowship together. Let’s take care of ourselves and each other and adhere to the above
guidelines so that we do not have to take more time apart and can begin being with each other again with God in